For those who love to experience life! A new special every two weeks. Always a fresh, local, and naturally fermented sourdough featuring the freshest ingredients passing through our bakery.
The current special is Polenta Rosemary
Each loaf weighs around 1.5 lbs
Highlights from the Bakery:
- 100% naturally fermented, no commercial yeast products
- Organic flour
- Uses fresh milled local grains (Maryland and Pennsylvania area)
Storing the bread:
- The best option is a good quality bread box. It will keep your loaf enjoyable for up to a week!
- After cutting the bread, keep it cut side down on a cutting board. The crust naturally forms a defense against moisture loss and damage from oxygen. Keeping the cut side covered and allowing the crust to stay dry and open to the air will keep your loaf enjoyable for up to 3 days.
- Cut and freeze. If you plan to keep the bread for longer than a few days, cutting and freezing is a great option. Cut thick slices and wrap them individually. You can take them right out of the freezer and pop them into a toaster or oven. The bread comes out tasting like a fresh cut loaf!
Bread past its prime:
- Crostini - Slice the bread thinly (roughly ⅛ inch thick) and bake at 400° until crispy. Brushing with olive oil is optional. Enjoy the crostini with any toppings including hummus or baba ganoush.
- Croutons - Cube the bread and toss in olive oil and salt. Garlic powder is optional. Bake at 375° until crispy. Enjoy on salad or in soup, but you may find that the croutons disappear before they make it to a dish!